Physical inspection is performed by MAQIS enforcement officers at the gateway, quarantine station or quarantine premises to ensure consignments imported comply to the requirements of the law as follows;
- Imports do not transport pests, diseases or contaminants;
- Free of from pests, diseases or contaminants;
- Is not affected by any pest, diseases or contaminants;
- Graded, packaged and labelled;
- Type and quantity is similar to what has been declared;
- Undergone treatment or quarantine;
- Labelled with a halal logo; and
- Any and all conditions stipulated from time to time.
Physical inspections will be performed randomly or in totality (100%). Any consignments that do does not comply to the stipulated regulations and conditions will be halted stopped and seized for a follow-up action.